Have “super teachers” that make “super students” by focusing on emotional intelligence. Book this great professional development for teachers at your school!
Teaching with Emotional Intelligence: PD for the People Who Work in Education
Teaching is not what it used to be. Life has become too complicated, too stressful and too quick to change. Traditional ways of teaching have given way to lots of technology, high rate of depression and anxiety among teachers and students, miscommunication, relationship breakdowns, information overload and feelings of being trapped.
Teaching is highly effected by this stressful lifestyle and the results are reflected by students’ academic and emotional state.
Most of the focus seems to be on supporting students. Governments invest in them without supporting the most important agents of education and identity – parents and teachers. Professional development for teachers focuses on Math or English, not on the teachers.
We believe that teachers are important in the life of their students and that investing in their emotional intelligence will increase their happiness and therefore their ability to teach and to be role models.
In an interactive full day professional development for teachers, participants get the keys to leading a happy life and the importance of emotional intelligence in their classrooms and their students’ success in life. Relaxed, confident, happy teachers educate and nurture relaxed, confident, happy students that succeed academically with ease.
What’s in the presentation?
Number of participants in this presentation: 25.
Presentation running time: 8 hours, with two 15-minute breaks and a 1-hour break for lunch.
- Happy relationships
- Beliefs and positive focus
- Responsibility (part 1 & 2)
- Letting go – the art of NEXTing
- Communication styles
- Love languages
Benefits to the teachers
- Using positive language – Teachers learn how the words they use affect their students and how to inject positivity into their classes, their relationships and everyday life by using the right language.
- How to be happy in life – Teachers learn how to make themselves happier whenever they want and how to help their students, their family members and friends be happy too.
- Communicating in style – Teachers learn to recognise, accept, interpret and communicate in the styles of their students and other people in their life. They also learn to accept themselves and feel good about being different.
- Filling the “love tank” – Teachers learn what makes them feel loved and how to express positive feelings towards their students and others in the best possible way.
- Having powerful beliefs – Teachers learn to eliminate limiting beliefs about teaching, students and life and create empowering beliefs that help them grow, prosper with ease and help their students do the same.
- Aligning values – Teachers identify their highest needs and values in life and examine their behaviour and their use of time and energy against their personal priorities.
- Adopting positive rules of living – Teachers learn to handle and prevent stressful situations by understanding their subconscious rules.
Benefits to the school/community
- Happy, responsible, focused teachers
- Teachers who support one another, having shared an experience and developed a common “happiness language”
- Improved communication and better relationships with their families, colleagues, their students and parents
- A new trend in the school towards successful, fulfilling and happy lifestyle (it is contagious)
- Reduced stress and improved stress management skills, leading to higher productivity and better health (fewer sick days)
- Better understanding and cooperation within the school through the use of communication styles
- Better classroom atmosphere, teaching techniques and learning outcomes through the use of communication styles
- A higher sense of belonging and appreciation through the use of love languages
- Positive outlook on goals, relationships, teamwork, responsibility and success
- Positive, balanced and well-supported teachers
Who is this presentation suitable for?
- Primary schools / elementary schools
- Secondary schools / high schools
- Childcare centres
- Education conferences
- Teachers’ associations
- Education departments
- Education departments of universities
Book Professional Development for Teachers at Your School
Take the first step right now. Tell us more about what your school needs through the form below.