If you are a life coach or would like to become one, the best thing to do is learn from a successful and experienced life coach who offers a life coach mentoring service.
This mentoring gives you intimate knowledge of the coaching program, tailored just for you.
No need to figure everything out the hard way. Be guided by experience – quickly and easily.
Your mentor coach is your role model, close adviser, supporter and guide as you start your own coaching practice.
Just about any personality trait or skill can be learned: simply find it in someone you know and copy it. Then watch what happens.
Coaching has gained popularity in the last 20 year and many people can swear by it to change their personal, professional and social life. It became popular because it is effective. It helps clients change their lives and puts them on the right track to happy, healthy and successful lives.
Coaches are very special people because they give clients skills and abilities, mindset, beliefs and feelings they couldn’t have any other way and in a very positive way.
If you have a mentality of a “giver”, coaching may be the right profession for you.
Sadly, coaching is not regulated, some organisations have self-nominated as the “regulatory body” and many refer to other things as “coaching”. Many people confuse life coaches with psychologists, counsellors, trainers and consultants. Some use “coaching” as a trendy name for personal development, which has been around for thousands of years.
Be Happy in LIFE coach mentoring is a comprehensive and successful life coach mentoring program for people in related fields who would like to take their practice to the next level, develop their coaching skills, learn useful strategies, gain wisdom and become a highly respected and successful professional coach.
If you are in the profession already or if you have just completed your life coach training, you already have a strong desire to make a difference in the life of others, willingness to commit, and courage to go deep into yourself and practice all the things you will preach, this mentoring program is for you.
Our program will help you take this learning and make this passion into a business.
The only way to be truly successful is to help other people become successful
As you know, Coaching is recognised as the most effective way to get the most out of your life, mainly because it combines elements from many disciplines. It blends emotional intelligence, the science of learning, psychology, counselling, neurolinguistic programming, teaching, spirituality, personal development and professional development.
Whatever coaching success you want to achieve, the Be Happy in life coach mentoring tools and methodologies will help you teach your client how to make fast, effective, long-lasting changes in any area of their life.
Teach them the quiet words of kindness, to live beyond themselves. Urge them toward excellence, drive them toward gentleness, pull them deep into yourself, pull them upward toward manhood, but softly like an angle arranging clouds. Let your spirit move through them softly
Since life coaching is very popular, there are many programs out there that can give you a life coaching certificate. Some programs offer a weekend course, correspondence course or even a series of videos that will teach you the tricks of the trade. We, at Be Happy in LIFE, believe these programs may give you a certificate but will not give you the skills to achieve success.
We know that because we have many mentoring clients who are coaches, psychologists, social workers, team leaders and trainer. After spending a lot of money, they still came to mentoring with no skills for setting up their own business, getting clients and coaching them.
Research in Australia discovered that only 3% of those who study life coaching actually become coaches. So, if you want to be part of this successful group, picking the right life coach mentoring program is essential.
Being in the coaching industry for many years, we have seen hundreds of presentations with the false advertising that everyone who wants to become a coach can do that, easily.
We are here to tell you that not everyone can become a coach. Everyone can be coached, and everyone can benefit from coaching but not everyone can become a coach.
In fact, we have many certified coaches attending the coach mentoring program who finished their courses and are not sure where to start in turning their certificate into a business.
If you are in the servicing industry, you must know that knowing something is not the same as transferring this knowledge to others. It is not the same as empowering people to be able to help themselves. These are two different abilities and require two totally different skill sets.
The best teacher is not the one who knows most but the one who is most capable of reducing knowledge to that simple compound of the obvious and wonderful
Who is the life coach mentoring program designed for?
The Be Happy in LIFE Coach the Coach training program is suitable to people who have an interest in helping and empowering others:
- Qualified Life coaches who want to turn their knowledge into a successful business, improve their practice and client base.
- Managers looking to increase their ability to motivate and direct their staff.
- Executives searching for empowerment and leadership skills to create a sustainable work environment, which stimulates teamwork, efficiency, success and happiness.
- Team leaders looking for strategies to improve their leadership skills using effective coaching methods
- Teachers who want to inspire their students and build their self-confidence and communication skills.
- Workshop facilitators who want to boost their confidence and improve their skills in communication and motivation.
- Trainers who want to get better at delivering their messages and working with the energy of the people in their classes.
- Salespeople who require advanced people skills, communication skills, knowledge of motivation and influencing techniques.
What is a teacher? I’ll tell you: It isn’t someone who teaches something but someone who inspires the student to give of her best in order to discover that she already knows
What is included in the life coach mentoring program?
Free flow specialised mentoring program
Be Happy in LIFE specialises in several main coaching streams. this allows you to choose your life coach mentoring program to be focused on the area of your interest:
- Relationship coaching – communication and relationship
- Parenting & kids coaching – families and children of all ages, including teens
- Education coaching – teacher training and professional development
- Business and training – management, human resource, training and facilitation
- Motivational speaking and writing – presentations, blog posts and journalism
- Empowerment – women, sport and entrepreneurship
At Be Happy in LIFE, we believe that for you to be a successful coach you have to walk the talk. When you coach people, you can’t help people achieve things that you yourself cannot achieve. You have to model success and happiness.
Coaches’ best investment is in themselves and their own personal and professional development. This is why in our program, a big component of it is work on your own self growth. It is important to know that there is no end to your growth and the more advanced you are, the better coaches they are.
You are a role model. This speaks louder than your words.
While working on your coaching skills you can expect a transformation in your own life. During your life coach mentoring, your mentor coach will also help you master your own life.
In the Be Happy in LIFE coach mentoring you will learn techniques and strategies to increase your own self-confidence and project this confidence on your clients. A confident coach is credible and trustworthy, improving the outcome of the coaching accordingly. Confident coaches inspire confidence in their clients.
Holistic approach to human behaviour
At Be Happy in LIFE, we value our clients and do not believe in treating symptoms. We consider ourselves “holistic”. We want people to be happy and successful and not just get rid of a specific problem. We deliver breakthroughs and transformation methods while emphasising the whole person, which is ideal for today’s busy and demanding lifestyle.
We don’t just give our clients a fish. We teach them to fish for themselves.
Better energy management
Coaching is the profession of giving and can be very exhausting. Therapy in general is a very demanding profession and people do not last in this profession very long if they feel drained and do not know how to manage their energy. Drained energy can project badly on the clients and will impact its success.
In the Be Happy in life coach mentoring program we teach efficient energy management strategies to allow you as a coach to work in an optimal state. Once you manage your energy well, it will reflect on your clients and the success of your coaching.
Positive psychology knowledge and techniques
Positive psychology is very popular, taking centre stage in the last 30 years. Positive psychology is in the heart of coaching. We focus on mental health, not on mental illness.
Coaches will be exposed to the newest evidence-based research on positive psychology and will be able to use them themselves and transfer them to their clients. Being happy and positive are learned skills.
When you make the shift from problems to solutions, you get exactly what you focus on.
With thousands of clients over the last 33 years, we believe that the number one ingredient of success in not knowledge but attitude. If knowledge was the name of the game, everyone could read a book and gain the knowledge of being a coach and all professors would be the most successful people in the world.
In the mentoring program, we will give you the knowledge but also show you how to use it. We believe in application. We have many coaches and therapist joining our program with all the knowledge but without the ability to implement them.
You will find that many of the things you teach your clients, they already know or heard before, but they cannot apply it. In the Be Happy in LIFE coach mentoring program, we focus on implementation.
A+ in emotional intelligence
Our Be Happy in LIFE coach mentoring program is a course in emotions. One major component of this course is that everyone can learn these techniques. Not all people are born with high emotional intelligence, but everyone can develop high intelligence.
All the techniques, strategies and skills have been thoroughly researched and perfected by the biggest psychology and human behaviour professionals and we believe all coaches benefit highly from those methodologies and techniques.
In this program we will share with you tips and techniques of being happy and managing emotions. Many of those strategies are simple and practical and you can see positive results after using them for a very short time. The higher emotional intelligence you have, the healthier you are in mind and body and so are your clients.
Change can happen fast, but sustainable change will take a bit more time and require planning. Therefore, we treat your life coach mentoring program as a “business plan”.
If this is what you want from your coach mentoring program, we will help you with all aspects of your coaching business: knowledge acquisition, study, training, marketing, advertising, promotions, networking and relationships with others.
A good understanding of communication styles
Communication is a very big part of the coaching program and many of your clients will have issues with others and communicating with others is a challenge. We will teach you how to assess clients’ communication styles and how to present information to them in the appropriate communication method.
This will help clients understand themselves and others better and improve their communication with others significantly.
The Be Happy in LIFE coach mentoring program has fantastic and powerful coaching tricks and tools. To help our coaches, we provide them with a articles and activities, which allows them go over the material long after they finish their life coach mentoring program.
Our clients can use all the material for free (as long as they add a copyright notice). They can revisit is when a specific topic arises and adjust their program to their client’s needs.
Good stress management skills
Stress is a big killer in our society and contributes to lots of problems. When we are stressed, we can’t think properly and can’t use higher functions. As a coach, you’ll meet many clients lacking stress management skills.
In the program, we will teach you many stress management strategies. Share with you research based techniques to identify “stressors” and eliminate them.
Full control of program speed
Every coach who comes to the coach mentoring program is in a different place and we do not believe in one size fits all. We believe that as a coach you know exactly what you are looking for and we encourage you to set the pace and even chose the topics to cover.
We encourage our new coaches to take the time and smoothly get into the profession. Coaching grows through referral and word of mouth. You need to build up success experiences before clients will start referring people to you. You choose the gap between sessions based on your needs, urgency, circumstances, budget and business plan.
Self-assessment and assignments
Many of the activities will include reading material, self-assessments and assignments to allow you to continue the learning from the comfort of your own home. The assessment and assignments will allow you to deepen your learning and assist you with implementation and monitoring of your own progress.
Your mentor will be in contact with you in between sessions and support you in your homework and assignment. The program is individually tailored, and your mentor will read your emails and reply to them in person.
Practice of diverse coaching formats: Face to face, phone and email coaching
To help our clients try all coaching formats, we offer our coaches to experience coaching in all possible formats. As we have clients who come to see us personally, clients who use our services through phone and others who use writing as a tool, we can cover all methods of coaching in our coach mentoring program and cover the effectiveness and disadvantages of each method.
We’ve found that it is better for you to experience all the coaching formats to give your clients a variety of delivery options and give you the flexibility to work with people who are far away from you as well as people who can come and see you face to face. The possibilities are there and you can choose which methods are best for you.
What can you learn in your life coach mentoring?
- Ways to create sustainable change using new understating of the subconscious mind
- 4 levels of Emotional intelligence – Theory and effective techniques
- The science of change – Model of Change
- The Be Happy in LIFE relationship model and the ripple effect
- How to use empowering Questions to stimulate change – Milton Model
- The art of happiness – Positive psychology
- Using metaphors and hypnotic language to eliminate limiting beliefs
- Creating instant rapport – NLP communication model
- How to set effective goals using the subconscious model
- Family therapy – Constellation therapy
- Conflict resolution methods
- Understanding pink elephants
- Methods of shifting clients’ focus from past to future from failure to success and from victim to control
- The art of motivation – inspiration, empowerment and shifting from external to Internal motivation
- Neurolinguistic programming – Cartesian logic
- Uncovering beliefs and changing limiting beliefs to powerful beliefs
- Reticular activating system (RAS)and self-fulfilling prophecies
- Pygmalion effect and therapy
- Self-assessment tools
- Uncovering needs and motives
- The art of listening: Empathy, sympathy and compassion
- Mediation and relaxation methods
- Brain Gym techniques
- Family and emotional therapy techniques
- Diagnostic coaching methods
- The popcorn technique
- How to uncover values, rules and needs: success, relationship, money, happiness…
- Using Silva Methods to achieve success
- Misconceptions, understanding judgment and limiting beliefs
- Coaching as a business and supporting income streams
- Managing difficult behaviour – Difficult clients
- The art of NEXTing
- Empowerment: blame, justify and responsibility concepts
- Business coaching: money, stress, time and resource management
- How to develop qualities of a good coach: authenticity, congruence and transparency
- Mega goals and life purpose
- Methods to working with children
About Be Happy in LIFE coach mentoring
Over the years, we have been exposed to many therapists and discovered that though the title of what they do is similar: psychology, coaching, counsellors, natural therapist they all do it differently. Some are more holistic, others use trial and error, some do it for the money, others consider it a life purpose and the difference in philosophy and their success level is very much associated with the match they have with their clients’ needs and expectations.
It is only normal that if the client is looking for someone to teach them, they prefer someone who is mainly a teacher. If the client is looking for someone to escort them in their implementation of what they already know, they need to find someone who is more of a trainer.
Not all coaches and all life coach mentoring programs are similar, so you need to find the program that best suits your personality and philosophy. We believe the match is critical to your success as a life coach.
Here are some facts about the Be Happy in LIFE coaching program that will help you examine your own coaching philosophy and discover if they are a match.
- At Be Happy in LIFE, we believe that coaching is a very trendy name to personal development. It is not a new science or profession. The knowledge of human behaviour has been researched for many years and available to all.
- At Be Happy in LIFE we believe that the secret to successful coaching practice is the combination of theories and strategies to match to the clients’ needs .It is similar to baking or cooking. It is not enough that the chefs know how to cook, he needs to make it tasty for the one eating it. We think of ourselves as very experienced and excellent chefs, because we learn about our clients’ taste before we start baking.
- Coaching is the science of emotional intelligence. In order to teach others to develop emotional intelligence you have to have high emotional intelligence. At Be Happy in LIFE coaching, the coach must constantly work on his or her emotional state. You cannot possibly give when you do not have enough.
- Coaching is the science of empowering others to do what is good for them. At Be Happy in LIFE coaching, the coach can only give (not force) and the client must be willing to take. If you use your position to force others to do things that are good for you, you disempower them.
- Knowledge is not enough to make people create change. Integration is an essential ingredient for the success of the client. Have you ever been to a seminar, read a book or learned something that was very exciting, but after a week, it faded? We structure our coach mentoring programs for full integration of what you learn back into your everyday life, so that it never fades. Many of our clients know what to do but do not have the skills to do it. We focus on implementation. During every session, you will apply your new knowledge to yourself and practice it on your clients, employees, family or volunteers. Most importantly, you will choose some challenging actions to take in-between sessions, which will take you, step by step, from where you start to who you want to be – a powerful and effective coach.
- Processing and integration are very important in our programs. We think that the change happens in between sessions in the background even if the clients are not consciously thinking about it. This is why we suggest extending the gaps between sessions to allow the client to process. We think that time to process allows the client to integrate his/her learning better, become independent, take control over his/her development and become successful. It is not only about what you give client but how much they are able to take.
The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires
- Coaching is a stream of positive psychology. Be Happy in LIFE has adopted a future oriented coaching philosophy. Though we believe that the past has contributed greatly to where we are today including the difficulties we have today, we do not linger on the past and very much focus on moving forward. We all have a past that was challenging and painful, but we are not going to live it and relieve it over and over again. We will not look for “It is all because of…” We believe we can all move forward and it is better to leave the past where it needs to be… gone!
- Coaching is not a whinging session and the coach is not there to help the client vent or justify his/her difficulties. Yes, understanding ourselves is good but most people confuse between understanding and justifying ourselves and our misery. We will not look for “Why?” or look for labels and diagnosis but more focus on “how to create a change?”, “how to move forward from this?” and “how to come out of the other side of this stronger?” At Be Happy in LIFE, we believe this is our advantage. Clients who want labels and someone to tell them what is wrong with them are not good coaching clients for us and we refer them to psychologists who can help them do it better. Some people need that but coaching for them is not very useful. Coaching is a forward-looking process, whinging is a backward-looking process. They are not the same, and it is important to understand the difference. As we said before, It is important for us to match between the need and the service and important for you to examine your needs and match the service you get to it
- In coaching, both coach and client agree to respect each other. They do not label, they appreciate each other’s time, they are grateful, and they listen and care for each other. In the Be Happy in LIFE coaching, we believe coaches can’t act this caring. They must have it if they want to be successful.
- In coaching, the whole relationship is based on goals and targets. The client sets the goals and the coach helps him or her reach them. In Be Happy in LIFE coaching, the coach understands that the goals do not need to match his/her own goals and respects any client’s wishes. If anyone wants to become a coach, he/she must understand that his/her beliefs and philosophies do not get into the session and it is a process of supporting clients on their own journey 100%.
- In coaching, there is no “one size fits all” philosophy. What is good for one might be too tight for others. At Be Happy in LIFE coaching, we believe people are different and this is the beauty of our society. This is why we tailor the program to the client’s needs and circumstances. This is why we don’t believe in automatic generated activities and we answer each email and go over each client request and wishes personally.
- Coaching is not counselling and not consulting. In coaching, the coach must keep their own agenda aside and focus on the clients’ needs. This is one of the main reasons not everyone can become a coach. At Be Happy in LIFE coaching, we believe that coaching is not about the coach desire to “duplicate” themselves. It is about helping the client find his own abilities, beliefs, values and talents and use them to his advantage.
- A coaching session is not a psychology session and the client is not in therapy. We think that everything we do helps with healing pain and gaining control, but we do nothing to the client but rather teach them help themselves. At Be Happy in LIFE we have some therapeutic aspects, but the client is not damaged in anyway and does not need to be “fixed”.
- In coaching, the client leads the sessions with his desires and needs. The clients take full responsibility over their feelings, thoughts and actions. That’s why they do not pay ahead of time for a program. It allows them to choose to continue at any stage. This is why they are asked to choose on the gaps and initiate their contact with the coach. We believe it is the client’s life and they have full control over the sessions.
- In coaching, the coach is there to encourage and support the client every step of the way. At Be Happy in LIFE coaching, we stay in contact with our clients in between sessions and follow up on them even years after they finish their coaching. Some of our clients used our service 27 years ago and still keep in touch.
- Coaching helps clients achieve and be happy with whatever they want in life. At Be Happy in LIFE we believe that happiness is a choice that the coach is there to help the client make that choice in every step of the way. We do not define happiness for clients, they need to identify it for themselves.
- In coaching, the coach helps the client find the motivation inside instead of being subject to external pressure. We believe that doing things to please others works against us and our task is to teach our clients to find reasons within to do things. Motivation is like a muscle they learn to use. The more they use it, the better they can motivate themselves to do anything they want. We specialise in motivation and teach our clients to recognise their motivators and work them to their advantage.
- Coaching tricks and techniques are very powerful. We believe that teaching our clients the coaching mentality, including all the techniques we have used to help them, can improve their life long after they finish coaching with us. Challenges are part of life and we cannot focus on symptoms and current challenges only but equip our clients with tools to face future challenges. In our programs, we share those techniques and we do not think we are giving away the trade secrets. We think this knowledge needs to be available to all and we are very happy to share it. In our life coach mentoring program, we will encourage you to do the same and teach your clients those strategies so they can help themselves and others around them to spread this good vibe and make the world a better place.
- In coaching the relationship between the coach and the client are sacred and discrete. The coach will keep the client’s privacy and will never share information shared in the session with others without the client’s consent. When working with teens or children, to gain trust, we commit to not sharing information the children shared with us unless they present a danger to self. We encourage children to share things at home but never disclose this information. We believe the trust we build with our clients should stay private at all cost.
Success is a journey not a destination
- The coach is there to inspire, motivate and facilitate the process of success. He is there to hold the client’s hand, but not lead the client to any specific destination. At Be Happy in LIFE the coach will share personal challenges and offer solution but will be very clear it is the client’s choice what to do with that information. We believe that success is not sustainable if it the client is led rather than lead his own journey. Our aim is to help the clients gain control and we let them control the process while holding their hands taking steps towards it.
- Many coaching practices require the clients’ commitment for the full program. At Be Happy in LIFE We believe this philosophy is against our values and against what life coaching is all about. It is meant to give you a sense of control over your life. If you keep going to see your life coach because you have paid and you are only using up your money, then you are not in control. Coaching cannot be like a membership to a gym that you pay ahead to force yourself to go. This is why we have a pay as you go philosophy. You have a session, you pay for it, and you have the freedom to stop the program whenever you want. This includes the life coach mentoring program. The length of the program depends on your level of skills, your needs, your dedication to the process and your availability and with this format, you can control the speed of the training and have the freedom to stop whenever you want. When our clients decide to stop the coaching, we are happy for them!
- Many programs have many sessions scheduled to achieve the client’s success. We, at Be Happy in LIFE believe that our goal is not to bring the client to a perfect place. There is always a lot to learn and our growth never ends. We are against long year sessions and try to finish the program as soon as possible. If a client is with us for ra long time, it means we have done a bad job! Our average session length is 5 sessions and we believe that if the client has reached a good space, this is good enough. We don’t like it when clients become dependent on their coach because we want them to control their growth. When they are on the right track, with good tools, all they have to do is keep going.
- Coaches are not perfect people. They are humans and have struggles and challenges much like their clients. At Be Happy in LIFE we believe that coaches are open and honest about their own challenges and are models to good, healthy and fast recovery from challenges. We think that coaches don’t fail less or struggle less, but they recover more.
- Every coach has his or her own judgment of what is right and what is wrong. This is a healthy way of managing life, however, we believe that coaches should not be judgmental and impose their own judgment on their clients. The coaching process is not about what the coach considers right or wrong but what the clients think is good and healthy for himself. At Be Happy in LIFE we steer away from “right” and “wrong” mindset and focus more about helping the client develop his/her own judgment about what is healthy or not healthy for them.
- We believe that working with children is not effective as working with the parents as well. When a flower doesn’t bloom, we don’t just take care of the flower but care for the environment of the flower, the air, the soil, the sun and parents are those who are in charge of the air, the soil and the sun that impacts the child’s ability to bloom. If you choose to specialise in working with children, at Be Happy in LIFE mentoring program we will cover also working with their parents.
If you are looking for a mentor coach. It is a good idea for you to have similar philosophy to coaching. If you think you share most of those values as we do. we think you’ll highly benefit from our coach mentoring program. If you don’t share the same philosophy, it is good to consider your investment before.
If you want to know about our coaching, we think it is very important for you to understand what life coaching is not. There are many myths and misconceptions about coaching that are very misleading. We value transparency and want to help you consider if we are a match to your philosophy.
Myths about Life Coaching and life coach mentoring
Everyone can be a coach or a mentor coach
Not true! Not everyone can be a coach and not every coach can be a mentor coach. There are some qualities, which are essential to coaching or a mentoring that some people just don’t have.
Any form of therapy requires giving and someone who is good at giving advice is not necessarily good at giving time or sympathy or allowing the client to progress in his/her own pace.
Not everyone who is good at giving can teach and empower other coaches to achieve coaching success.
A coach or a mentor who thinks that he has the answer to the clients’ problem and if only the client did what he told him to do, will be a very frustrated coach and won’t survive in this industry for long.
A coach or a mentor who judges his clients and have moral dilemmas with what their clients do/think/believe will not have many referrals.
Coaches or mentors who feel threatened when their clients make choices different to the choices they’ve made, will reinforce the client’s inability to take control over their life.
In coaching, the main focus of the session is on the client, his/her needs and desires and not on the coach or mentor. Any person who has all the knowledge in the world, all the credential and degrees and can’t put himself aside will not last in this industry for long.
The coach or mentor must go through similar experiences in order to help the client
This is true for coach mentoring but not true for coaching
To expect a coach to go through similar experience is the same as saying that if you go to the doctor, the doctor had to be sick in order to give you medication.
It helps if the coach or the mentor is a living proof to what you want to achieve. We find it hard to get financial advisor’s help if the advisor is broke. He/she is obviously living proof that his/her methods didn’t work.
It does not mean you need a divorced coach to help in dealing with your divorce or that you have to have a coach that experienced a horrible childhood in order to help you deal with your horrible childhood. The coach does not need to go through a similar experience in order to understand you. He/she needs to have the right knowledge, experience and skills to help you move forward.
It is however true when we talk about coach mentoring. a mentor is a person who went through similar experience or achieved something you would like to achieve. It is someone that combines his knowledge with personal experience. He or she is a living proof that if you learn what he/she knows, his/her skills, methods, strategies and attitude, you will succeed as well.
The coach tells the client what to do
Coaches are not consultants. They don’t have the answers which they simply share with their clients. Someone who tells you what to do is a consultant. He is an expert in a particular area and you want him/her to tell you how to do things.
A coach helps you find out what you can do. They will help you develop confidence, direction and purpose so you can take control over your life and follow your own way. Coaches and mentors facilitate a change, a process, they help you get something you want.
Good coaches know that they can’t change you, only you can. Coaches and mentors offer, suggest, empower, question, support, encourage, motivate, and everything they do is meant to help you get to where you want to be.
Coaches work with people with some kind of a problem or dysfunction
Life coaches work with people who want to achieve something. Some want to achieve something because they have a problem, others wants to achieve things and have no problems. Many people go through coaching to better themselves, to learn techniques and methods to succeed and excel.
In fact, most of them are very much future oriented and look forward towards a positive, happy and successful future. If you are starting a business and want a coach to help you succeed, it does not mean you have a problem. If you do parent coaching, it does not mean you have parenting problems. It only means you want to better yourself.
We think that this is the advantage of coaching, it is not about fixing a problem or dysfunction, it is about learning new habits to help the client excel.
Coaching and mentoring are for unsuccessful people
In a very similar way to problems and dysfunctions, wanting to achieve something does not mean you are not successful. It is only human to be successful in some areas and not successful in others.
In fact, to help our clients, we highlight their successes and help them duplicate successful experiences in their life, change and divert them to other areas needing a bit of support. We found that coaches seeking coach mentoring are more successful than others who think they can do it all by themselves.
Our mentoring program for example is very effective in helping coaches to take their business to the next level. Some of our mentoring clients are very successful in their area (psychologists, social workers, teachers, managers, doctors, team leaders and business people) and they do the program to improve their skills or explore a new area of work.
It takes a long time to create change
We think that this statement is a very old, misleading and disempowering slogan that helps people justify challenges in life, preventing them from moving forward. Coaches or people in the “creating change” industry cannot be successful at all if they have that belief.
Changes happen all the time. If you look in the mirror every day, you many not recognise how much you have changed but you change all the time. Just look at a photo of yourself from last year.
If you have ever experienced trauma you know that you change in a second. If you have ever given birth to your first born, you know that you are a different person the second after the delivery. Every experience changes us, but most people take long time to notice.
In our coaching we show our clients and our mentoring clients that change happens in a matter of weeks, days, hours and minutes. If you choose to be a coach, remember that believing in your ability to help your clients create change is essential.
Coaching sessions are verbal conversations between the coach and the client
Some coaching sessions are verbal conversations between coach and clients. Others use written material, readings, videos. It depends on the client and the desired outcome. Much of the change happens after the client leaves the session, when their brain processes the experience in the session and when the new knowledge and understanding is incorporated in real life.
As we said before, the coaching process has many “A-ha” moments that each of those realization moments can happen in any time through the process. It can happen in the session, when doing your homework and assignment, when applying them and sometimes when you share them with someone else.
Be open! The mind is constantly working in the background constantly. The learning in this program is powerful and will sink in deeper and deeper over time.
Coaching is an easy profession
Easy is a very relative term. If you are looking for coach mentoring, you know it is not that easy and requires full attention and focus. It requires skills and experience and constant personal development. It is very similar to any other profession in that sense. The longer you do it, the easier it gets. If you pick this profession for the easy bit, you will not survive a year in it.
Coaching sessions are very short
We think that coaching is an opportunity to facilitate change and it cannot be done in a very short session. Many therapy sessions are short, taking 45 to 60 minutes and we think they are too short to go deep enough to make a sustainable change.
We have coached many people who experienced frustration in therapy sessions with psychologists, counsellors and even other coaches who conducted sessions using the clock rather than the flow of the session and the individual need.
It is very much like going to the doctor and having a feeling the doctor wants to get rid of you because he has another patient coming soon. We tried running 45 minutes sessions, 50 minutes and one-hour sessions and found them to be less effective.
In fact, we believe there is a soft spot on the 45 to 50 minute mark when the sessions takes a turn and many good things come to the surface that most short sessions miss out because the clock stops those gems from surfacing. We researched the timing and discovered that 90-minute sessions are much more effective.
Still, we ask our clients to allow 2 hours for the session. We will not stop the session after 90 minutes if we are in a middle of an important process. If you use our mentoring program, we will encourage you to explore the length that best suits you and your clients.
The coach or mentor’s job is to listen to the client
Coaching requires very high listening skills. True! The coach or mentor will use all his/her listening abilities in order to help you but a coach is not a venting buddy and no, he or she will not sit there and listen until you convince yourself that you have to do something. Listening, as a main coaching tool, is a very passive strategy and will not require much experience and skills.
A mentor coach is there to help you get to where you want to go and achieve what you want to achieve. Many times, when you use others to “vent” you only justify your thoughts, beliefs and actions. Justification is the best way to prevent movement and growth.
If you justify your thoughts, beliefs and actions, you will end up exactly where you are. You go to a life coach to change something not to “get a permission” to avoid change.
The coach will listen and encourage you to speak about things that help you move forward and will prevent you from speaking about things that gets you stuck, mainly because your coach does not want you to listen to yourself in that mode.
Coaching or mentoring is expensive
If you think coaching is expensive, try the expenses of overcoming depression, dysfunctional behaviours, relationship breakups, financial burdens divorce, illnesses and other health problems. Examine the financial impact of managing fear, anxiety, stress, disability to function or frustration at work. If you are a coach, you know that already.
The most financial burden in life is to fix things that are broken. It is good to consider a life coach as similar to a dentist. If you think dentist are expensive, try going after your teeth are rotten and you need an extraction and implant.
There are some things that if you don’t take care of them when they are small, they will cost you a fortune when they grow out of proportion. The saddest thing is that some of them if dragged for too long, no money investment can fix.
We think coaching is like taking a break and going on a holiday. It costs money and requires you to take time away from work but if you avoid doing it your body will collapse and you will take that day off but instead of enjoying it on a relaxed retreat you will stay in bed, sick! You will require lots more money to pay for the doctor and loose a day of work anyway.
We think prevention is the cheapest way to live life. Investing in health is the cheapest health insurance and life coaching is the cheapest emotional health insurance.
Coaching is not an easy profession and can be very lonely. Due to privacy regulations, most coaches express great challenge getting help. Much like all other therapies, it is essential for coaches to bounce ideas with other coaches and improve their own emotional skills and tool kit.
We encourage all our coaches and clients in the therapy industry to have their own mentors to help them stay tuned to their own thoughts and feelings and be a true model of what they teach. Yes, it costs money but it an insurance to help them stay able to do their work properly.
Coaching requires a huge investment of time
Coaching requires time but not more than you spend anyway, thinking and trying to manage a hard feeling about something that’s is not functioning. We think that the real change happens in between the sessions and not in the sessions themselves. They happen while you live your daily life and make small changes that have a huge impact.
Our program is designed to have on average a session a month and the clarity, focus, motivation and sense of purpose you get from each session extend your efficiency and use of time much better. In fact, all clients going through coaching report a significant increase in time management skills. Our clients are more time-wealthy. They have the same 24 hours a day much like everyone else, but they use it better.
If you are a coach, you know that one simple trick can save you lots of time and energy that otherwise would have taken you months to discover by trial and error on your own. Time is money and if you are a professional person, you want to be effective.
Learning about life coaching is very uplifting and inspiring and we are famous for our contribution to the good reputation of the coaching profession. The successes of our programs have reached clients around the world and most of our clients come through referrals.
At Be Happy in LIFE, we believe that life coaching is an amazing, powerful, and fulfilling profession, which requires passion and experience and if you are looking for a coach mentoring program, we think ours can give you the most tailored program in the market.
We hope this information guide to the Be Happy in LIFE coach mentoring program will help you learn about the coaching profession and our program, before you make the investment.
Be Happy in LIFE coach mentoring program – How does it work?
Getting to know you
Once you submit an inquiry, you will be asked to fill in an online assessment that serves four purposes.
- It will save you paying for a session that will mostly be an opportunity for your mentor coach to get to know you.
- Reading your assessment will allow your mentor coach to determine if this program is suitable for you (and save you the investment if it is not)
- It will highlight some of your learning strategies and will allow your mentor coach to tailor the right sessions to match your needs and desires. Even in our life coach mentoring program, your personal development is important.
- If you choose to do the communication session, your mentor coach will go over your client details and explain the reasons behind the questions in the client details and the implication on the strategies chosen to help specific clients with specific needs.
When submitting your inquiry, please check your contact details as these will be your first communication channels with your mentor.
Once you fill out the online assessment your mentor will contact you directly within 3 business days by phone or email and send you an introductory session with details about what to expect, logistics, ways to communicate, session locations and payment details and ask you to sign a coaching agreement and make the payment for your first session.
Once payment is done and agreement is signed, your mentor will contact you to schedule your first life coach mentoring session.
Length of sessions
Our life coach mentoring sessions take about 1.5 hours and we ask that you allow 2 hours in case we are in the middle of something important (which happens often). We think that time should never be the reason we stop a good and healthy experience.
Some of our coaches in the life coach mentoring program chose double sessions, which take double the time. Our coach mentoring clients chose the length, speed and content of the sessions as they are expected to lead the session towards their own needs and desires.
Sessions can be scheduled during the day, in the afternoon and on some evenings . No weekend sessions are available.
There are four formats for life coaching: fact to face, over the phone, Skype/Teams/Whatsapp or by email.
In all formats, you will discuss with your coach the topics you feel needs a boost. At the end of each session, you will be able to come up with a list of action steps that will help you move forward.
In the Be Happy in LIFE coach mentoring program, you will have access to written articles, activities, assessments and stories you can are allowed and encouraged to use after the session, with your clients, Free of charge.
We will encourage you to experience all four coaching formats to allow you to practice and gain confidence in all possible delivery formats and we will leave the decision to you to use any format you like with your clients
We pride ourselves for providing written material to support your learning. We believe that reinforcement, reflection and follow up activities are the best way to make sure you are moving forward and using the information you’ve learnt with your clients.
We will ask you to pick 10 clients (free or for a charge) to practice all tools given to you. Usually, after 2-3 sessions, you can start coaching others already.
We will also ask you to write your coaching bible so you can have a one stop book to gather all your knowledge about coaching. We ask that you include all that you have learned from Be Happy in LIFE or from any other source and imagine you are creating a resource that one day you will use to mentor other coaches.
Why? Because there is so much to learn that you will forget if you don’t record it and also because teaching others is the best way to learn and when you write the material in simple, comprehensive way, you understand it better.
Ronit Baras – Be Happy in LIFE Mentor coach
Ronit is an educator, life coach, NLP practitioner, author, journalist and justice of peace. She is an international speaker and presenter and has been writing, coaching and teaching emotional intelligence techniques for over 33 years around the world.
She has developed a range of workshops, presentations, and special programs for educators, government organisations and parents which have been hugely successful and touched the lives of millions of people around the world.
Ronit is the founder of the Be Happy in LIFE coaching program. She has taught at the University of Queensland and worked as a trainer for the Institute of Public Administrators (IPAA) Queensland, Australia. She was the State director of the Together for Humanity Foundation and the Global Citizenship School program director.
She has conducted many inspiring and motivational presentation and workshops on the holistic approach to education, excellence in teaching and learning, special education methods for children with special needs including gifted children, personal development and parenting, in Australia and overseas.
Ronit is an experienced and powerful presenter, delivering inspiring messages of motivation, happiness, love, respect, determination, excellence and success to the people who attend her sessions and workshops. In the last 10 years alone, she coached, ran workshop, training days, was a keynote speaker and presented to over 100,000 people.
For her community work, she was nominated twice for the Australian of the year and for the international women peace award by the women federation for world peace.
With her holistic approach to education and emotional intelligence, Ronit has helped many individuals, parents, government organisations and school communities increase effectiveness and achievements by focusing on the emotional aspect of teaching and learning.
Her books are a fantastic personal development and educational resource and her writing was published by educational magazines in Australia and around the world.
Her blog Family Matters is a great practical resource for parents and teachers, containing over 1500 articles on education, teaching, learning, personal development, emotional intelligence, relationships, family life and parenting. This blog was launched in 2004 and attracted millions of readers from around the world.
A note from one coach to another
He who opens a school door, closes a prison
Coaching has been my life passion since I was 16. I didn’t call it life coaching then and it was more about empowering people to have, do and be whatever they wanted. You see, until I was 16, I was in a prison, in my mind and heart and many of my socializing agents (parents, teachers and trainers) could not empower me to break free because they were busy managing their own prison.
I went through a journey of discovery and came out of the other side, learning that waiting for others to set me free, was probably one of the main reasons I was in prison and my worst prison guard. It is not easy to discover that you are you own enemy, but once you stop feeling sorry for yourself it becomes the most empowering discovery.
Since then, I have dedicated myself to empower people to set themselves free and find happiness. Over the years, I have learned and specialized in areas that could make this change from prison to freedom smoothly, fast and consistent using education as the main delivery tool. Happiness is a learned skill. Everyone can learn how to be successful and happy.
Over the years I have discovered there are many ways to happiness and I have made a choice (or maybe it chose me) to teach everyone who wants to learn the science of success and happiness.
I teach kids with learning difficulties, gifted children, university students, language, math and emotional intelligence. I’m a journalist, an author, I am a life coach, NLP practitioner motivational speaker, a workshop facilitator and trainer, a community worker, Justice of peace, director of a non-for profit organisation and in everything I do, I empower others to have, do and be whoever they want to be.
It is not just teaching. It is like Robert Frost said, “I am not a teacher, but an awakener”. I believe people have it all inside, I just need to help them turn it on. It is a great profession and I love every second of it.
What a teacher writes on the blackboard of life can never be erased
Attitude is king!
One of the hardest realizations of most coaches and therapist (including psychologists and counsellors) is that knowledge is not enough! We spend many years gaining knowledge and not enough time on developing the right emotional intelligence to use this knowledge to our advantage.
Coaching coaches started when I had requests from professionals who had the knowledge but not the emotional intelligence to make their practice successful. I was lucky to have inspiring trainers in the field of education, creativity and psychology and I could appreciate the value of associating with inspiring others who thought me how to “walk the talk”.
My trainers did not only teach me the theory of how to do it, they were a living proof of what I wanted to have, do and be and it was easy to learn from them. I learned it from the best and they inspired me to be the best in my field and spread the light and empower best life coaching practice.
The mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fired to be kindled
Every success experience of a client I have helped, is a small pebble that ripples and helps the small civilization that surrounds him/her. Every teacher, coach and therapist I train is a big stone that creates a huge ripple towards a better world.
If you want to be part of the Be Happy in LIFE movement, join me!
Education is the most powerful weapon, which you can use to change the world
We hope the information about this life coach mentoring program has helped you make some decisions about choosing coaching as a tool and using the Be Happy in LIFE coach mentoring program as a preferred option.
We are here to help you take coaching to the next level!
Take the First Step Now
Complete the form below to find out more.